Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Justin Bieber's female doppelgänger becomes a YouTube sensation in her own right

By ANDREA MAGRATH

'You say I'm Bieber, you say it's hot - but let me tell you, no it's not: Dani Shay has become an internet sensation for her parody of Justin Bieber's Baby


A successful pop star is always going to inspire a slew of wannabe impersonators.
But this may just be the best one yet.

A 22-year-old woman who bears a striking resemblance to teen sensation Justin Bieber has become a YouTube sensation in her own right.

A video of the folk singer from Orlando performing a parody of Bieber's hit single Baby has so far attracted 230,000 hits on the website - the platform from which the 17-year-old Canadian launched his own career in 2007.


Doppelganger: The 22-year-old woman's song about people stopping her in the street thinking she's Bieber has attracted over 230,000 hits on YouTube so far


Dani, who describes herself as 'a lesbian who looks like Justin Bieber, but is uniquely different in her own ways,' says: 'I am stopped everywhere I go because people think I am Justin Bieber.

'Before I even knew who he was, no matter what I was wearing, I would be asked for photos, autographs, et cetera.'

Her song, What The Hell, includes the lyrics: 'I guess you noticed, I guess you care/
About the way I flip my hair.

'You say its Bieber, you say its hot/ But let me tell you, no it's not.

'Am I on TV? Girl you playin'/ He looks just like me - what are you sayin'.

'There's another who looks and sings like you/ And he's on every channel of YouTube.

'And I was like "what the hell are you talking about?/ This face has always been mine.'


Separated at birth? Dani is also an aspiring singer/songwriter


Miss Shay's video has even been included on a popular website dedicated to 'lesbians who look like Justin Bieber.

Women who fit the description - named 'Bebians' - can upload pictures of themselves looking like the pop star to the site, which also sells merchandise with the slogan 'I'm not Justin Bieber.'

Dani has denied she is simply riding on Bieber's coat tails. she says: 'I've had my hair like this for years, and I've had my face like this all my life.'


The real deal: Justin attended a screening of his film Never Say Never: 3D in Madrid yesterday


Perhaps luckily for Dani, Justin has traded his famous side-swept locks in recent months for a shorter, choppier 'do.

The real deal is in the middle of his world tour, and will perform tonight in Barcelona.

Yesterday he attended a screening of his film Never say never: 3D in Madrid.

Bieber will perform in Zurich, Milan and Tel Aviv over the next month before moving on to Malaysia and Australia.


"What The Hell" (Baby - Justin Bieber Parody) By Dani Shay






source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment